Wednesday, September 30, 2015



This week was kind of interesting. We had a bunch of different teachers for our night classes because Hermana Villegas hurt his back and had to stay home. But hes okay now. But basically all of the teachers love our district and they always come in to our class to hang out with us. Its fun. Except the real reason they like us is probs just because we always share our donuts and stuff with them. THANKS FOR THE PACKAGE, DEAR PARENTS OF MINE. I don't know how you got homemade brownies to me (or they at least tasted home made) it was AWESOME. They were the perfect gooeyness so shoutout to whoever made those. AND IBC ROOTBEER. oh man. Those were good. 

So two of the districts in our zone left this week and it was actually pretty sad, They were awesome. And now were the oldest ones here and its weird. ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS AHHHH. Its weird to think that my mission hasnt even really started yet. BUT IM SO EXCITED TO GO TO XALAPA. One of the teachers here told me that i can find a lot of weird food there. lengua, ojos, cerebro, y oreja de baca. Also menudo (cow stomach) armadillo, iguana, rat, grillo, gurzanos. Sooo i think fish should be the least of my worries. I don't know about any of you but im never really been dying to eat a taco filled with live worms. 

Monday we were able to watch Elder Scotts funeral which was a really cool experience. The Plan of Salvation is sooo amazing! How great is it to know that we will be reunited with our families and that we will live again. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang I Know that my Redeemer Lives as the opening song and I pretty much lost it. And then they sang Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing which is my FAVORITE SONG. But yeah, it was kind of like a mini conference because we got to hear from the apostles and the prophet. Anyone else pumped for general conference this weekend cuz I AM. 

Oh by they way, we didn't change districts. We had our little language test on Monday and basically this guy came in and just talked to us all together for a couple minutes. we didn't do that well. That was definitely a bad spanish day for us. It was actually really funny. When hermana garcia asked elder graham what he did his last day home he told him that he ate cheetos with his companions.... he didn't understand the question. It was funny. So we all of the same companionships and everything. I honestly don't think they would have changed it anyway. That would have been a lot of work to move around the companionships that were already made and move houses and everything. So what{s gonna happen is were gonna start going to latino classes for two or three hours a day instead of having language classes because we don't have any other lessons to learn. That will start tomorrow

So sometimes during our breaks in class we play basketball with a paper ball covered in tape and the trashcan. Its so much fun! Sometimes our games get a little intense though. Yesterday one of the elders basically ran me over to make this one shot. I guess that's called getting postered? I don't know.. But he was really proud of it and wanted to make sure i mentioned it in my email.

Also i get bullied by my comp all the time. She goes to Utah State and hates on BYU a lot. There are actually a surprising amount of people here who hate on BYU. Its tragic. They just don't know what they're missing out on. Actually, they probably do and that's why they're so bitter and MEAN. But that's okay i still love her. We do have a couple things in common, like our love for naps. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE MY NAPS. That's probably the hardest thing about the CCM. Not getting my daily 5 hour nap. But today we got to take a 3 hour nap. "I feel very blessed" *Michael runs over Meredith* (if you don't understand that reference, shame on you. watch the Office more) 

Um.. well yeah. I think that's it. Hope everyone has a good week! 

Love you! 
Hermana DeGraw

Chicken enchiladas and flan but I didn't get to finish my lunch because the fire alarm went off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment